Monday, February 15, 2010

did you know,
what i feel when i look around me.
did you know,
that you dont TRULY KNOW ME.
did you know,
that this facade seems so happy.
but that mask makes me weary.
because right now,

i dont know what to say.
i sit here waiting, waiting for some answer.
but as i sit here waiting,
i know that my wait is neverending.
as i hope, and wish and DREAM and shout.
i truly wish. for someone to understand.

have you ever.
truly said.
that you've known me OH so well.
because that mask im always wearing.
its now torn.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I really like this, just because I feel like it speaks directly to me as well as the person it's directed toward, just because I, like the intended audience, have always seen you as an eternally happy-go-lucky girl. I also like the sparing and choice use of capital letters. This is very relatable.....nice job :)

Maddie said...

thank youu! im so glad that you are relating to it/it is relatable.

you know... im not really as happy-go-lucky as i used to be, and about the capitalized words. that was honestly the parts where i was practically screaming out. and once again.. thank you! i appreciate it!