Friday, September 5, 2008

i am not in my top english class

i am in the average one.

am i happy with it?

no.

will i go to the higher level next year

most likely

because i am inbetween.



i do not possess that secret

the one that gives some kids just the beauty of writing

i write okay

not mediocre, but not far from that either.

i wish i could though.



i am the best student in my average class.

it is apparent the way i am chosen to always read

they admire me for being so good

so they will move me up.



my english classes are rollercoasters

first i am top of my average class,

and then i get moved up to 'smart' english

only to be jerked back down again the next year.



is it fair?

hardly.

because i need an inbetween class

the level just for me

where i am among those smart students

the ones who'll go onto Harvard and Yale

cause without it,

my high school years will be like a rollercoaster,

loop-the-loops and corkscrews

when all i wanted was to make it up that steep incline

before i go go down fast

ready to write.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

u got moved down? omg!!!! and u r amazing at writing, it's the teachers who don't think so. but i learned recently that u keep doing what u do and make them eat their words!!!!

Maddie said...

huh? i got a little confused. but i think i know what you mean. and yup, i'm moved down. i'll call you so you get the annoyed version in a little bit.

Lauren said...

i said show the people who put u in the average class that u can write because ur really good!!!!

Mackenzie said...

i am so like this poem its not even funny.

Mackenzie said...

except that it like that 4 me in math

Maddie said...

hmmmmmmmm, i could help u in math.